Shared Values

Innovative, Cohesiveness, Loyalty, Integrity, Professionalism

Dalam perlak ada kebun
Dalam kebun ada tanaman
Dalam gelak ada pantun
Dalam pantun ada mainan

Monday, December 21, 2009

Do what you like..........


I attended a training session called 'Powerful Presentation Skills Training' last week. Very good course. But I am not going to talk about the training.

During the introduction session, we had to get up and tell a little bit about ourselves. Thing that grab me hard was about our chosen profession.

Some said that this is not really what they like to do, some said that their parent was happy when they graduated in the course that their parent choosed for them.

When I took Diploma in QS 25 years ago, I was in the same situation but not because my parent choosed for me, but because I did not know enough what I was getting into.

I survive for 10 years but when I joined KLCC I was asked to choose between Project QS and ICMS System Administrator. It did not take me even 10 minutes to think. I choosed the later.

I enjoy my work ever since but with no less worries or concern about what is going to happened. A paper certificate in QS but a working experiences in IT...... ehmmmmmm.... which will do me more good in the real world?

To those in the above situation, I do not have a clue what you should do but one thing I am very sure, you will have to do something about it.

......It's either you do what you like or you like what you do! ...............

2 comments:

  1. You have to like what you do.
    Or else what's the point.

    But we have to grow up.
    like it or not.. we've got to do it (our work I mean)..
    Bills need to be paid and perot needs to be filled.

    If you unhappy with your life, then do something about it. If you're unhappy with your life in KLCC then by all means.. change. Resignation shouldn't be the first step.. but it shouldn't also be the last resort too.Do you follow? If you have to go.. then go.

    It will take a toll on your life especially when you're married and have kids when you lead an unhappy life. I remember Bapak was very unhappy during his forties and it impacted greatly on the family until he took an early retirement.

    If you want to be happy... then be happy. You musn't expect people to make you happy.

    Had-a-lousy-christmas-and-soon-a-crappy-new-year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that I am celebrating Christmas, but I took the opportunity to do what I like. I spent 808km on my wheels.... perghhh.... what a beautiful ride that was!

    And I am with you there... do something but of course.. wisely!

    ReplyDelete